The City of Ottawa has not adopted a formal Renewable Energy Strategy despite commitments during the Term of Council.
Please let your councillor and mayor know that you support the establishment of a Renewable Energy Strategy in our City.
The CCCA Issued this letter to the Mayors office
Some important dates are as follows:
- November 7 – Finance and Economic Development Committee (FEDCO) meeting
- November 8 – draft release of the 2018 budget
- November 14 – Renewable Energy Strategy (a.k.a, Energy Evolution) document made public seven days before the Environment and climate Change Committee deliberates on it
- November 21 – meeting of the Environment and Climate Change Committee, Renewable Energy Strategy is on the agenda, members of the public can give presentations of up to five minutes to councillors on the topic
- December 13 – approval of the final budget